Welcome to A Special Place


Our world is ever changing and fast paced. We are faced with a crumbling economy, the ever impeding threat of terrorism, and natural disasters. We're bombarded on a daily basis with noise, traffic, groceries, work, school, parties etc. We seldom sit and rest our minds anymore. Even more seldom than this, we rarely hear or see anything "good". I don't know about you, but I think it's time for some breathing space.

You have come to such a place. Take your shoes off, put your feet up, grab a cup of tea, coffee or water (for people like myself who should be banned from caffeine) and take a little break.


Saturday, August 9, 2008

Comic actor Bernie Mac dies

Comic actor Bernie Mac died early Saturday of complications from pneumonia, according to a family member and his publicist. He was 50.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/09/obit.bernie.mac.ap/index.html


This is such shocking and sad news. My sympathy and prayers definitely go out to the Mac family, as the passing of a loved one is always very trying and difficult.

I was not prepared to see this today. It causes me to reflect on my own life. There are no guarantees in life. We take our lives for granted, and often live according to our own plans and desires. Perhaps God has a different plan. If we ask Him, He will surely tell us.

Blessings and Peace


1 comment:

MoSigma said...

I was so saddened by his untimely demise as well. He really was one of the "kangs of comedy"

I added a few words on my blog spot - VIPersons