Welcome to A Special Place


Our world is ever changing and fast paced. We are faced with a crumbling economy, the ever impeding threat of terrorism, and natural disasters. We're bombarded on a daily basis with noise, traffic, groceries, work, school, parties etc. We seldom sit and rest our minds anymore. Even more seldom than this, we rarely hear or see anything "good". I don't know about you, but I think it's time for some breathing space.

You have come to such a place. Take your shoes off, put your feet up, grab a cup of tea, coffee or water (for people like myself who should be banned from caffeine) and take a little break.


Monday, September 28, 2009

Yippie...It's Monday

Before you start with the groaning and the desire to slap me for such cheerful words on a Monday, I am just here to help keep things in perspective. There is no reason for us to wake up on the wrong side of the bed or fill ourselves with useless dread when we wake up on Monday mornings. IF you are on the wrong side of the bed....sometime before the week is out, move the bed to the other side of the room. This works really well because it will save you from future injury, thus helping you have a greater joy when you arise.

Okay, some of you are saying to themselves right now "but you don't have any idea....I've got the kids, work, school, soccer, deadlines, ministry, momma, responsibilities, bills, stress" and a whole host of other things that can be inserted into this list - which never ends. Oh..don't get it twisted, I can relate. I hated Mondays and every day of the work week. I lived for my weekends. To the point where it caused me to be so stressed out that I was having health issues. I had to make an attitude adjustment. The problem wasn't my circumstances (obviously because those didn't change). The problem was my outlook and attitude. It was easier to look at my own disappointments and inabilities, insecurities and fears and focus on myself, than it was for me to get out of my own way and change my outlook.

Life is so short and fleeting. It is a gift (that's why it's called the present (not my quote). If we forget that it is a gift then we are very likely to take it for granted, complain about it and become dissatisfied with what we have. It's all about perspective. What are you looking at? What is your outlook? What is your focus on? What can you change?

It's a lot easier to point the finger at others and hold them responsible for our bad behavior. The truth is...you can only be responsible for how you respond or not respond. The choice is yours. So once again I say "Yippie....it's Monday."

P.S. Because you were so kind to have stopped by, I've included a little something special for you to check out. http://www.ktla.com/krcw-bizzare-beards-and-mustaches,0,7562154.photogallery

No comments: