Welcome to A Special Place


Our world is ever changing and fast paced. We are faced with a crumbling economy, the ever impeding threat of terrorism, and natural disasters. We're bombarded on a daily basis with noise, traffic, groceries, work, school, parties etc. We seldom sit and rest our minds anymore. Even more seldom than this, we rarely hear or see anything "good". I don't know about you, but I think it's time for some breathing space.

You have come to such a place. Take your shoes off, put your feet up, grab a cup of tea, coffee or water (for people like myself who should be banned from caffeine) and take a little break.


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Absolutely Perfect



What in the world? How can I say that today? I was pretty much in the house all day today. I've determined that no matter what life throws my way, I will continue to fight. Just like you, there is always something going on in our daily life/schedules. Once in a while, in the middle of living life, we have a moment where we are able to be transformed to another world or place. I had such a moment today.

I was walking to the mailbox to pick up the daily bit of useless stuff when I realized that it was warmer outside than I'd previously thought. Then it happened....just for an instant. The breeze and the feel of the sunshine on my skin...the smell of slight crispness and the light rustle of slightly yellowing leaves gave me the feeling of another place. A place where hayrides and pumpkin patches prevail. You know the place....the place where the crock pot comes into the house again and fills it with the delicious aroma of beef stew or chili. Or when the cinnamon scented pine cones from Michael's or JoAnn's fill the table area of your home......making it smell so delightful. Or the moments when children come home with pictures of hand shaped turkeys decorated with pretty crayon embellishments.....it was one of those moments. At that point in time....life was absolutely perfect!

Find the time to enjoy your perfect moments today. Although they are fleeting and can be over looked or missed by living life, it's vital to capture them and hold on....because they make life worth living.

Absolutely Perfect!

1 comment:

MoSigma said...

Why are the best moments the ones that seem the most fleeting? I had a moment you described today. The cool chill of the Alaskan air, not too many clouds, not too much sun, snow covered mountains in the distance, birds flying overhead... it was like a scene in a movie. Then the silence was broken by the roar of A-10s, refuelers and F-16s blowing by.

But it was really nice when it lasted. I took a deep breath and just drank it all in.