Welcome to A Special Place


Our world is ever changing and fast paced. We are faced with a crumbling economy, the ever impeding threat of terrorism, and natural disasters. We're bombarded on a daily basis with noise, traffic, groceries, work, school, parties etc. We seldom sit and rest our minds anymore. Even more seldom than this, we rarely hear or see anything "good". I don't know about you, but I think it's time for some breathing space.

You have come to such a place. Take your shoes off, put your feet up, grab a cup of tea, coffee or water (for people like myself who should be banned from caffeine) and take a little break.


Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ledisi Take Time

Ledisi is a 2 time Grammy nominee with an incredible voice. Her range is rediculous. Hope you like it. I had a chance to see her perform in concert at Yoshi's in Oakland last month and it was worth every penny spent.

Take care and enjoy


1 comment:

MoSigma said...

Absolutely inspirational. Ledisi Anibade Young is a very talented woman. There's not enough entertainers out there. I have to classify her jazz/soul/r&b style as entertainment. Why? Because in this song I felt rushed and hurried as her singing tempo increased. She placed the improv of acting into her lyrics and singing as well (if not better than) other more notable figures. This was amazing. And when she returned to the chorus of taking a breath, I really felt myself taking a real moment. This feeling alone made the song resonate within me.

She is quite awesome. She is truly awe-inspiring. Thank you for sharing her with me.